Subject: Re: Compositing for film/video
From: [email-masked] (Andrew Weiler)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 20:41:23 -0800

>It seems to me that LW is missing one critical tool for compositing with
>live footage.... Contrast/brightness adjustment before composite.  You get
>rough control with ambient light and lighting in general but there is no
>tool for contrast per se (as Photoshop or Picture Publisher have).  One of
>the most subtle and yet important matching tools is contrast.  Think of all
>the composite shots that you have seen where the foreground object looks
>washed out.  Right now I am rendering against black with alpha and then
>doing the composite in Cinefusion- a major pain.
>

Although I've never used it, I believe the Wavefilter plugin goes a  long
way toward solving this problem.

Andrew Weiler
----------------------------------------------------------------------
                           Active Images
          3D Graphic Design and Animation
        http://www.mindspring.com/~aweiler/
                 [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------